By JohnNursing Home Abuse & Neglect

When a Texas family makes the decision to place an elderly loved one in a nursing home, assisted living facility or other care facility, the last thing family members want or expect is that their loved one will suffer abuse. Unfortunately, abuse, neglect and exploitation can happen in any of these settings.

If your loved one is abused or neglected while in the care of a nursing home or other professional person or facility, you can turn to an experienced Dallas nursing home abuse lawyer for help. You can also contact the Texas Attorney General to report suspected elder abuse.

Call Now to Speak to an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney!

The Office of the Attorney General accepts reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation. Abuse includes any kind of physical, mental, emotional or sexual abuse. Neglect occurs when a caretaker fails to provide the goods or services an elderly person needs to avoid harm or pain, including the failure to provide medical care or to make sure medical care is acquired when needed. Exploitation, or financial abuse, may occur if a caretaker or facility uses the resident’s resources for their own benefit or gain.

Any time an elderly loved one or other person is in immediate danger, do not wait: call 911 or your local police or emergency number. Make sure any emergency has been addressed before reaching out for legal advocacy.

Click Here to Call Our Law Office

Phone numbers for reporting suspected elder abuse to the state of Texas include:

• For suspected senior abuse: call Adult Protective Services at (800) 252-5400.
• For suspected nursing home abuse: call the Texas Department on Aging and Disability Services (DADS) at (800) 458-9858
• For suspected Medicaid fraud or abuse by Medicaid-funded providers: call the Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit at (800) 252-8011.

To get legal representation from the Dallas personal injury lawyers you can rely on, call Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP at (214) 231-0555.

Previous Post Next Post