By JohnProduct Liability

Texans have recently been through a rough stretch due to the severe cold weather experienced in late February.  No tap water to drink, cook or bathe with, and the loss of electricity to power furnaces and other heat sources was a very common problem for many Texans due to the stunning lack of competence by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).  Hopefully Governor Abbott and other Texas politicians will get to the bottom of ERCOT’s terrible conduct and what happened. 

Along with the losses of power, we also learned about an inordinate about of deaths or severe injuries caused by carbon monoxide exposure, usually occurring inside closed structures which lack proper ventilation or air flow.  Examples are people sitting in their closed garages with the car ignition on to run the car’s heater and stay warm.  Or, people using as a heat source inside closed homes propane gas fired heaters or grills.  Gasoline or diesel generators used either inside the home or right outside the home, nearby a window, can also produce lethal amounts of carbon monoxide.    

Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips May Save Your Life

We have blogged previously about the immense dangers of carbon monoxide produced inside closed structures by gas appliances or combustion engines.  We’ve also written about how important it is to buy and install carbon monoxide detectors (even the plug-in kind sold at Home Deport or Wal-Mart), in any living quarters where gas or combustion-fuel fired appliances are located or used, or that are close to where combustion engines are used.

We truly hope none of you have experienced the loss of a loved one for any reason.  This has been a tough year or so, and far too many people have lost loved ones during this time.  However, if someone reading this blog post has experienced an injury or death to a loved one due to toxic carbon monoxide exposure, we invite you to call the carbon monoxide lawyers at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP. 

We understand if you might think your loved one was injured or died because of his or her own irresponsibility, wrongdoing, or bad decisions in using the gas or combustion appliance or engine in the wrong location.  However, in some cases, the user of a gas appliance or combustion engine operate a defective product that, if made or designed properly, should not emit the amount of carbon monoxide that caused the harm or death.  Or, very often, the product causing the harm does not contain the kind of warnings about the hazards of carbon monoxide that should be present, either in product user or owner’s manuals, in assembly instructions or on product stickering or labeling.

Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP Can Help

The carbon monoxide lawyers at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP are trained to evaluate all of these issues and tell you whether you might have a viable carbon monoxide lawsuit.  If you think you may have a case, please immediately preserve all evidence relating to the appliance that allegedly caused the harm (including the appliance itself), take and preserve any pictures of the area where the harm or death occurred, and save a copy of any law enforcement or investigative report associated with the incident.  Timing is critical.  If you think you may have a claim, do not delay in contacting an attorney, preferably the carbon monoxide lawyers at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP.

Previous Post Next Post