Texas slip and fall accidents can occur at anytime, anywhere. Slip and fall injuries can range from bruises and scrapes to broken bones or even lead to death. Since you never know when you will get in a slip and fall accident, it’s important to know what to do in case you are ever the victim of one:
- Get medical care: Even if you don’t think you were seriously injured, symptoms of your injuries might not show up until later. It’s important to get medical care as soon as possible in order to prevent more serious injuries from developing. A delay in seeking medical attention can also negatively affect your slip and fall case.
- Gather evidence: In order to get the compensation you deserve, it’s important to have a large amount of evidence. After your slip and fall accident, try to gather the following information:
- Pictures of the area where the accident occurred and any of your injuries
- Contact information from witnesses who saw the accident
- Contact information of the property owner and insurance information
- Weather conditions
- Shoes and clothing you were wearing during the slip and fall accident
- Report the slip and fall accident: After you slipped and fell at someone else’s property, it’s important to report the accident to the property owner. This will help the owner know they need to fix the issue as soon as possible.
- Contact a slip and fall accident attorney: It’s vital to contact a Texas slip and fall accident attorney immediately after your accident. A slip and fall attorney can help you get the justice and the compensation you are entitled to for your physical and emotional trauma.
Contact the experienced Texas slip and fall accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Crowe, Arnold & Majors, LLP today and set-up your free no-obligation consultation.