Nursing home abuse can happen in any facility. Sometimes the problem is due to a single staff member. Other times it points to a systemic problem within the entire organization.
Whichever is the case, the consequences for the victims are often devastating.
Fortunately, the elder care system has built-in safeguards, such as professional advocates and ombudsmen. But sometimes these measures are simply not enough to correct the underlying issue.
When the unthinkable occurs, a consultation with a qualified Garland nursing home abuse attorney can make all the difference in the world.
Why you require an experienced nursing home abuse lawyer
When it comes to litigation involving nursing home neglect and abuse, experience counts. Here’s why:
- The growing concerns about nursing home personnel: Nursing home managers sometimes cut corners when it comes to selecting staff members, putting the elderly at risk. Determining who’s liable in these situations is a complex task all by itself.
- The troubling issues regarding nursing home rules and regulations: For example, should long-term care facilities use surveillance cameras? This is a matter of fierce debate in the elder care industry. Whatever policy a particular location adopts, the potential for abuse remains ever-present.
- The financial incentives for covering up instances of neglect and abuse: Nursing home owners and managers have a vested interest in maintaining their public image. While this can inspire them to provide the best possible care, it can also pressure them to sweep existing problems under the rug.
- The vulnerability of nursing home residents: Elder abuse is an exploding problem in our society. Yet evidence indicates that it’s vastly underreported, often due to deliberate abuse or intimidation on the part of staff members towards residents.
For all these reasons and more, we urge you to exercise great care when choosing your law firm. Here are some things to look for:
- The right experience: Here at Crowe Arnold and Majors, LLP, nursing home law is one of our primary areas of practice. That’s the kind of focused expertise you should expect in whatever firm you choose.
- The right reputation: Law firms vary widely when it comes to the respect they enjoy among their peers. Crowe Arnold and Majors, LLP is regarded as a leading firm, not only in Garland but across the Lone Star State.
- The right values: Look for a law firm that refuses to charge out-of-pocket fees to its clients. Here at Crowe Arnold and Majors, LLP, we offer free consultations and contingency terms as a matter of policy.
If your loved one has suffered neglect or abuse in a care facility, the time to act is now. Reach out to our office today to schedule a free case review with one of our nursing home abuse lawyers. The statute of limitations restricts the time you have to file a lawsuit for damages, so please contact us as soon as possible to learn your legal rights.