Injuries happen every day– and whether they result from an accident on I-30 or during a sporting event at a park in Garland—they can change the course of your life. From chronic pain to the inability to maintain employment, the trajectory of your career and your personal relationships can be forever altered due to another person’s negligence.
If you are living with a serious injury through no fault of your own, a Garland personal injury lawyer at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP can help. We can assist you in pursuing fair financial compensation from the negligent party that caused your injury.
Types of personal injury cases
You and your legal counsel must establish that the at-fault party was negligent in causing your injury. Some of the common fact patterns that can lead to a personal injury case include:
- Car accidents. Motor vehicle accidents are the most common form of personal injury case. The collision between two or more vehicles can lead to a traumatic impact.
- Medical malpractice. When doctors make mistakes, their patients can suffer serious medical injuries or illnesses. These errors could occur during surgery or involve misdiagnosis.
- Slip and fall accidents. Falls are another common cause of injury, especially among older individuals. When a fall occurs because of an unaddressed hazard, the property owner could be liable for any injuries.
- Nursing home abuse. Nursing home abuse can take many different forms. For example, a resident could suffer physical or mental abuse at the hands of their caretakers or even their family. A Garland nursing home abuse lawyer can pursue the abuser or even the facility for compensation.
How an attorney could help
At Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP, we are prepared to guide you through every stage of litigation while constantly working towards a fair resolution for you, including:
- Investigating your case. Whether reconstructing your car accident or identifying witnesses from your slip and fall, our team will evaluate every aspect of your accident.
- Compiling documentary evidence. Our firm collects and compiles all essential documents for your case, including your medical records.
- Negotiating a settlement. Most personal injury cases are resolved through settlement with the other side. These settlements generally involve the exchange of money for your promise not to sue. Our team understands how to negotiate with insurance companies.
- Litigating your case. When settlement is not an option, a trial may be your best outlet for monetary compensation. When we take your case to trial, we will ensure you are prepared for it.
Types of available compensation
If your personal injury lawsuit is successful, the result could be financial compensation for your injuries. This compensation comes in different forms. Some of the most common examples include:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished future earning power
- Past and future medical bills
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Our team can review the facts of your case and advise you on the compensation that may be available to you.
Contact us for a free consultation
If you have sustained injuries due to the negligence of another person or individual, you might be entitled to financial compensation. Securing a fair monetary settlement can be challenging without the right attorney by your side.
Our team at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP understands what it takes to recover fair compensation for a serious injury. We have a history of successfully resolving injury claims for our clients, and we look forward to doing the same for you. To learn more about how we could help, contact us right away for a free consultation.