If you were a victim of food poisoning, you might be wondering if there is anything you can do to get compensation for all your physical and emotional trauma. Many people who have suffered food poisoning have filed product liability lawsuits against a restaurant or company. If you are wondering if you can do the same, here is more information on food poisoning cases:
- Proving your claim: If you have suffered food poisoning and want to file a food poisoning lawsuit, you must be able to prove two things:
- The food you ate was contaminated: It can be tricky to prove this if there was a delay from the time you ate the food to when you suffered food poisoning symptoms, unless many others suffered food poisoning as well. Also, it’s easier to prove if a government health agency stepped in and traced an outbreak of food poisoning to a particular source.
- The contamination made you sick: The best way to do this is to have a stool sample scientifically tested for food poisoning, which could show that the you consumed the same disease-causing microbes that were found in the contaminated food source.
- Determine who is liable: Many parties can be liable in food poisoning cases: the food processing company, the grocery store or restaurant and any suppliers, wholesalers and distributors.
- Contact a food poisoning attorney: Food poisoning lawsuits are very complex and hard to navigate. It’s important to contact a food poisoning lawyer who knows how the system works who can help you get the justice you deserve. If a class-action lawsuit has already been filed for food poisoning you have experienced, it’s important to contact a personal injury lawyer who can help you join that class action case.
If you or a loved one were the victim of a food poisoning, you deserve compensation. Contact the experienced food poisoning lawyers of the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson today and set -up your free, no-obligation consultation.