Legal Help for People Injured by Negligent Truckers
Commercial truck drivers must make a point to drive safely and obey the rules of the road to avoid serious accidents. If a truck driver drives negligently, and as a result causes an accident, he/she should be held accountable for their actions. Truck driver negligence can result in serious or fatal injuries to innocent pedestrians and other motorists. If you are injured in an accident caused by the negligent acts of a truck driver, you may have the right to receive compensation for your injuries and other damages. It is important that you seek the help of an experienced and knowledgeable attorney that has dealt with truck driver negligence before in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The attorney can help you get closer towards the compensation that your need and rightfully deserve.
Causes of Truck Driver Negligence
There are numerous possible causes for a truck driver to exhibit negligence, including:
- Driving while drowsy. Drivers often drive later at night and may be unable to properly keep up in traffic, which can create an environment prone to accidents.
- The use of drugs and/or alcohol. Truck drivers are notorious for being associated with the drug “speed” or other drugs in order to retain energy. Unfortunately, this also can lead to mistakes, lack of judgment, improper reaction time, mistakes in calculating the road conditions, and other problems on the road.
- Driving while distracted. Talking on cellphone while driving, texting, fiddling with CD player or radio, eating, or other behavior that can take the driver’s attention off the road can easily lead to an accident.
- Reckless driving. Driving in a manner that is unsafe for the truck, the road, and other motorists is reckless driving. Driving recklessly often causes accidents.
- Speeding. Speeding is one of the most common causes of truck driver accidents.
If you have been injured by a truck driver as a result of his/her negligence while driving, you have the right to seek out compensation for your injuries and any other damages. Compensation can include medical expenses, loss of income, pain/suffering, and property damage.
The size and force that commercial trucks have when they are driven, even at lower speeds, require drivers to exercise considerable care in order to prevent unnecessary risks to the public. Any negligent driver or company that causes harm or injury to another should be held accountable for their negligent actions.
Contact a Fort Worth Attorney at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP – (214) 231-0555
Our office has a staff of experienced Fort Worth truck accident attorneys that have dealt with truck driver negligence cases in the past, as well as many other personal injury cases. We have an extremely high success rate and hope that you choose us to take care of your case needs. We know that the legal process can be confusing to some, and we want to make things as easy for you as possible. This is especially true if you are still in recovery from your accident, or loss.
We will make sure that you get every penny that you are entitled to, because no one should have to suffer the pain and frustration associated with these injuries and any medical bills alone. We are dedicated to bringing justice where it belongs and we are 100% ready and able to take your case to trial, if need be. This would be a difficult time for anyone and we want our clients to know that we are trustworthy and can handle the case while you are focused on recovery. Let us help you get the money that you deserve. The guilty party will pay for your pain.