Legal Help for Injured Children & Their Families
There are few things that parents worry about as much as their children suffering an injury. As parents, we worry every time our children are at the playground or are left at daycare. We worry when they’re alone playing in their room. We even when they’re passengers in our cars. No matter how much we worry about our children or how many steps we take to make sure they’re safe, kids still get hurt.
When this happens, it’s crucial that they receive the support they need to make a full recovery. It is important to remember that your child has rights. If your child is hurt in an accident, you can file a personal injury claim on behalf of your child seeking compensation for medical expenses, cost of hospitalization, surgery and future treatment and care. The Dallas personal injury lawyers at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP can help you during this difficult time. Call us at (214) 231-0544 or (800) 738-4046 for more information about your legal rights.
Causes of Injuries to Children
Many child injuries are caused during innocent actions like sports or playing at the park. There are other accidents, however, that are the direct result of someone else’s negligence. If your child has been injured in any of these types of incidents, it may be in your best interest to research your rights and options. Here are a few types of injury situations that can lead to a child injury liability claim:
- Defective products – Toys are dangerous when they’re poorly designed and assembled. There are many toys recalled each year for safety issues. Recalls typically only take place after a large number of children have been hurt by the toy. If your child has been injured as a result of a defective toy or nursery product, seek out medical attention and keep the product for a thorough inspection.
- Auto accidents – Motorists who injure children while speeding, distracted or otherwise negligent can be held accountable for the damages they cause.
- Defective car seat – A properly designed, assembled and installed car seat will greatly reduce any injuries suffered by a child in a car accident. When a child suffers a serious injury in a car crash, the quality of the car seat should be examined. A number of recalls lately have involved defective car seats that failed to work properly during a crash.
- Falls – When a child falls because of a hazardous condition, the property owner, manager or some other negligent party may be held responsible for the resulting injuries and damages.
- Swimming pool accidents – While children have a lot of fun swimming or playing in the water, there is the danger of drowning. After auto accidents, drowning is the most common cause of child deaths in the United States.
- Dog bites – Nearly half of people treated for dog bite injuries are children. Because of their size, children are more likely to suffer life-threatening injuries, permanent scarring or disfigurement in dog attacks.
If Your Child Has Been Injured in Dallas
If your child has been injured, it is important to remember that he or she has rights. Depending on the circumstances of the incident, you may be able to seek compensation for damages including medical expenses, hospitalization, surgeries, permanent injuries, disabilities and pain and suffering. Please call our Dallas child injury lawyers of Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP to better understand your legal rights and options. We can be reached at (214) 231-0544 or (800) 738-4046.