Representing People Injured by Products in Their Homes
Our Dallas homes and apartments are filled with products designed to make our life more comfortable. When products that are intended to make our lives easier actually cause harm, the product manufacturer may be held responsible. This is known as product liability. Often, product liability is the only way for victims of dangerous and defective household products to receive fair compensation for their significant losses.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a defective household product, the experienced Dallas personal injury attorneys at Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP can help you better understand your legal rights and options. Please contact us at (800) 738-4046 to find out how we can help you and your family during this difficult time.
Types of Defective Products
When a malfunctioning product injures someone, it must be determined what caused the injury. If the victim was using the product in the way it was intended, investigator must determine if the product was defective in some way. Many household products can be dangerous. A product may even be considered defective if it is marketed in a negligent manner.
Here are a few common types of dangerous defective household products:
- Fire alarms – Defective fire alarms or carbon monoxide alarms fail to warn consumers properly. This could have lethal consequences.
- Appliances – Home fires can occur at any moment if you have a defective stove, washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, microwave or dishwasher.
- Power tools – Defective power tools can lead to serious cuts and other injuries.
- Toxic cleaning products – Cleaning products that contain toxic chemicals must have proper instructions and warnings.
- Lawnmowers – Defective yard equipment can result in devastating cuts, burns, electrocutions and other injuries.
- Heaters and electric blankets – Faulty wiring can result in burns, electrocutions and even carbon monoxide poisoning.
Protecting Your Rights
Victims of defective products in Dallas can pursue compensation for the damages they have suffered. The term “damages” is a legal term referring to money the victim can receive from a lawsuit. You can get compensatory damages for your injuries and punitive damages when another person is judged to have acted in a dangerous way that caused your injuries. Compensatory damages that may be recovered by a defective product liability claim include:
- Medical expenses: Support should be available for all of your past, current and future medical bills related to the defective product.
- Disability costs: Some injuries are so serious that the victim will require in-home care.
- Loss of wages or profits: Anyone who has missed work because of an injury can pursue support for lost current and future wages.
- Economic losses: Property damages you have suffered because of the accident should be included in your claim.
- Non-economic losses: You may be entitled to support for the anguish, pain and loss of life’s enjoyment that resulted from the injury.
Product liability claims can help victims of defective household products get the financial support they need to recover from their injuries and hold the negligent manufacturers accountable. If a defective product has injured you or a family member, the attorneys of Crowe Arnold & Majors, LLP can help guide you through your case. Call us at (800) 738-4046 for a free consultation and comprehensive evaluation.