It is common for insurance companies to offer inadequate settlements that do not fully cover the damages and losses suffered by your car crash. If you have been hurt in an Texas car accident, it is crucial that you carefully document your losses and contact a skilled attorney who can help you pursue fair compensation.
Every loss that is directly related to an accident should be included in a personal injury claim. In order to get monetary support for your losses, you will need documentation of every expense.
- Save receipts and invoices from your mechanic and all medical bills.
- Request a copy of your medical records. If your doctor says you will need continued medical treatment, such as rehabilitation services or surgery, keep a log of those expenses as well.
- Keep track of the number of days you missed work because of accident-related injuries.
Financial losses are not the only damages that can be included in a Texas personal injury claim. It is also possible to pursue compensation for physical pain and mental anguish.
- Document your experiences by keeping a daily journal.
- Write down the activities you can’t perform because of your injury.
- Keep track of your daily struggles and how your life has changed since the incident.
It is in the best interest of an insurance adjuster to deny your claim or to offer a settlement that doesn’t fully cover your losses. An experienced car accident attorney at the Law Offices of W.T. Johnson can analyze your case and ensure that you receive maximum compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Contact us today to set-up your free, no-obligation consultation.